Now arguably the leading innovator in Australian retail today, Rebel has launched their flagship Accelerate Store. In November 2015, the Bondi (Sydney) store was unveiled in style and is just the start of a nationwide retail upgrade across the entire Rebel retail chain.
With state-of-the-art digital technologies, Rebel’s new flagship store delivers an enhanced consumer experience via interactivity and innovation. The 1100m² retail space engages and inspires consumers as they experience Rebel’s products like never before.
The digital and interactive side of Rebel’s transformation was brought together with their digital solutions provider, Entwined.
Entwined worked with Rebel from concept through to deployment, including; bringing concept to life, technology, content & interactivity with their content partner Prendi, plus ongoing support services. The Accelerate Store features digital innovations such as:
– From your first walk by you will see an engaging 3×3 video wall, displaying iconic images of the local Bondi region. As you go up the escalators into the new store you will get the feeling of the ‘stadium of sport’ design with faded audio accompanying you on the escalator ride.
– An interactive entrance then inspires consumers before they have even entered the store. Consumers are met with a giant LED screen with Kinect interactivity. This means when consumers walk by, the content reacts and follows them. Similarly, sound moves across the video wall following the consumer, jumping from one speaker to the next.
– In-store, consumers can use the ‘Endless Aisle’ digital catalogue, providing access to information and ordering of over 150 bulky products which are no longer stocked in-store. Consumers can build their own list, print it out and bring it to the counter to complete the transaction.
– An interactive ‘Catch Zone’ across a giant 3m high video wall, engages and entertains consumers with in-store sports games.
– Eye-catching video walls are scattered around the store, showcasing engaging content to bring leading brands to life.
Though the transformations are set to be a nationwide roll-out, Rebel are using their first four locations, Bondi (NSW); Chatswood (NSW); Miranda (NSW) and Chadstone (VIC), to test their digital strategies and ensure they are providing consumers with what they desire from an in-store retail experience.
“We’re using these locations as our new concept stores, to ‘test and learn’ from what we’re doing with our digital signage to strategically select the best options and apply them to another 10 or 20 Rebel stores around the country. It’s about what works and what the consumer expects in each store location.” says Wayne Tozer, Rebel’s Executive General Manager Retail.
Rebel Bondi also offers in-store Podiatrists and Bra Fitters to further ensure their consumers get the best quality service in-store, providing the ultimate in-store experience across all areas.
The Bondi unveiling has been a perfect way for Rebel to celebrate their 30th birthday, with transformations continuing at Chatswood (NSW), Miranda (NSW) and next up Chadstone (VIC).
If you’re looking at transforming your retail store, contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org